Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years later

I remember everything about that morning.  I remember rushing around. getting ready...I was going to be late for work because I hadnt slept a wink crying over the end of things with boy who i wouldn't remember except that he is tied to this awful day. I remember being annoyed that the phone was ringing and that my mom was calling when she knew I should already be on my way to work. I just wasnt in the mood. I remember being even more annoyed as she urged me to turn on the tv because the world was ending (dramatic much). And then I remember standing there in disbelief with my roommate watching those unbelievable images. Having no clue what was really happening what it all meant. I drove to work in a daze, and when I arrived , my boss was filling the office with tvs and radios, he had brought his gun in with him (gotta love a country boy) we searched the internet for updates. The day was all kind of a blur, I was worried for my family and not so worried about that boy anymore.  I remember wondering why people would want to bring children into a world like this. 

10 years later and its all still so vivid.  I am still in awe of the heroes of that day and of the people who have become heroes because of that day.  I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment